My friend Mark sent out a request for people to vote for his band to be in a contest to open for Blues Traveler at a venue local to them, in Fairfax VA. (Oddly enough, Idaho Falls is also on this year's tour.) The other day I went looking to see how well Chaotika was doing in the voting. They were fifth or sixth in the voting when I voted, but there was a huge gap between the top four and the rest, and only four bands will be in the contest. To find the site again, I googled "Chaotika band."
I found the site I wanted. I also found a blog entry for "Melanie B." I went to this thinking that it would be Mark's (former) sister-in-law. (It wasn't until after I posted this blog that I found the page on Melanie's blog that confirmed it really is her.) Anyway, there were some very good pictures of the band.
There was also a banner across the top of the web page in which babies figured prominently. I was not upset by that, although I wasn't really thrilled with it, either. Like I said, things are neither particularly bad nor particularly well.
Jennifer has a friend at work whose daughter-in-law (who Jennifer also knows, and I think taught) was due with twins in early June. Well, the poor woman heard our story and began to worry that she hadn't felt one of the twins move for a while. So she went to the doctor's and found out that, yes, both twins were doing fine. The next day her water broke. So they took the twins by C-section, and the twins had to spend some time in the NICU.
You may remember that Connor spent two weeks in the NICU -- potentially the hardest two weeks of Jennifer's life. Jennifer went to visit her friend while I kept the boys at the play area at the local mall, it being too rainy that evening to keep them in a park. And although she did not get to hold the twins due to nurses shift change and the babies' feeding schedules, she was able to touch them. It sounds like it went well. A couple of days earlier, Jennifer had had a little difficulty holding a different baby.
My own bad moments seem to happen when I'm alone and listening to music on You-Tube. I usually go there to play music that I listened to in high school or college, but don't have on CD and that doesn't get airtime on the local station. I don't watch the videos, by the way, I listen to the music while playing games on the computer. Some old favorites just don't work lately -- and not the ones I think are going to be problems (which I avoid, of course). Most oddly, though, is that I recently did get a U2 CD that includes Sunday, Bloody Sunday. While I can listen to the CD just fine -- can, in fact, sing the song -- I cannot get as fas as the lyrics on this version on You-Tube.
-=-
No comments:
Post a Comment