Over a month ago I had some notes started about topics to follow up on here. They are out of date now, and I suppose it's a bit late to follow up on topics anyway.
One thing that has not recovered over the past month is my computer usage. In fact, I've only used my computer twice in that time. Right now I'm writing from Jennifer's computer. And changes at work have let me read the news from there a few times a week now. I've been reading and writing less on the bus and sleeping more on the bus. Of course, the past week and a half I've had a cold of some sort -- extra sleep has been a necessary thing. Still is, to judge from the way my tongue and throat feel.
For the Memorial Day holiday, since Jennifer's mother decided last Thursday that she was too sick for us to visit (I think she had the same thing I did, and Liam has had, and Jennifer has), we took a day trip to Yellowstone. As we drove through Island Park and saw the remnants of snow that had not yet melted off, Jennifer pointed them out to Connor. He dubbed them "snow puddles," which seems as good a term as any. Tourist traffic at Island Park was via four-wheeler, not snow mobile, this weekend. And after the rain they had Sunday, I imagine there are significantly fewer snow puddles now.
After spending Thursday mostly asleep, Friday as much at rest as I was able to while looking after the boys, and doing next to nothing Saturday as well, I thought I was pretty much over this cold. Sunday proved to be overdoing it, though, even though all we did was walk around some in the Old Faithful area. . . in a light rain. Oh well. Guess I'll be sleeping on the bus again today.
-=-
No comments:
Post a Comment