ORIGINAL VERSION
LAST POST WAS "BRIEF UPDATE" OF 11-18-07.
As I'm writing this to post later, Jellybean is asleep on the sofa. He has had a difficult day, as has Jennifer. Mine hasn't been the most fun, but realistically hasn't been as bad, either.
It's now Sunday, shortly after 4:00 in the afternoon. Jellybean is sleeping because he was up at 6:00 this morning, vomiting. I wasn't here for that -- I'd left an hour earlier because my work group is putting in overtime this weekend. This means that Jennifer had to deal with having a sick child hours before she likes to wake up, with all the difficulties that pregnancy adds to that. Worse, the same thing happened Friday. Friday evening, shortly after I got home, Jellybean suddenly got active and said he was feeling fine, but Jennifer and his daycare provider had to deal with the unpleasantness.
I got home at 1:00 this afternoon, shortly after which Jellybean got active and said he was feeling fine, but a little tired. I fed him some, even though nothing Jennifer fed him earlier stayed down or in... By the time I got here, he'd even gotten over being upset at having to wear pull-ups during the day.
Jennifer is out now, going to the movies with a friend. She doesn't expect to be back until after bed-time. So I may have to deal with this illness some myself. But the short version is that I was an hour away all morning, and Jennifer doesn't seem ready to forgive that.
Tomorrow is our next visit to the doctor to monitor Jennifer's condition. I'll be driving to work that day, and again on Thursday. Depending on how things go tomorrow, I may be driving the rest of the year, I guess. Today it meant I was an hour away; during the normal work day, it'll mean that I'm only an hour away, because the alternative is to wait for the next scheduled bus...
On the good side of things, although he may have been sick Friday and today, Jellybean was feeling fine through yesterday, when we were taking him to see Santa. On the down side, we have no idea what would have made him sick. I'm tossing a few possible culprits and cleaning others, but don't really have a reason to conclude that one of them really is the source of this.
-=-
1 comment:
As the designated cleaner-upper of such unpleasantnesses at my house, Jennifer has my sympathies.
We've all had head colds, me worst of all. But we decorated yesterday anyway, so the holiday spirit is willing, even if the flesh is weak.
Post a Comment