ORIGINAL VERSION
LAST POST WAS "MY FRIEND, THE COUNT" OF 10-28-07.
I do not like Lou and Lou. This is a cause for great concern to Jellybean, who likes them and believes I should secretly like them, too. When he asks, I tell him that I don't like them but that it is okay for him to like them. Then he tells me that, yes, I do really like them.
If you don't know the premise -- and unless you have a small child there is no reason you should -- Lou and Lou are young siblings who go around finding fault with others for failing to meet the safety rules that the producers want to teach. As a concept, it's not really bad. I find huge amounts to fault with the priority of the rules being taught. Wearing sunscreen and looking both ways before you cross the street get equal emphasis. No doubt, someone else would fault the priorities I would assign to things.
Jennifer is going to be taking a weekly No-Stress Test now. This is simply a test where they monitor the baby's heartbeat for fifteen minutes while Jennifer sits in a comfortable chair. She's getting the test weekly because attempts to control her blood sugar with diet were unsuccessful and she's now taking insulin. So, the insulin use has some risk associated with it that leads to additional monitoring. Uncontrolled blood sugar had other risks. The doctors consider the uncontrolled blood sugar risks to be greater than the insulin risks, but I don't know the odds one way or the other.
On the other hand, the doctor we saw this past Friday had gestational diabetes herself. And she should understand the priorities involved.
-=-
No comments:
Post a Comment