Sunday, November 26, 2006

That Giraffe's Playing With ABC's. . .

This four-day Thanksgiving weekend has been pretty good to us.
  • On Thursday, we heated the house with the stoves, and hosted a few of Jennifer's friends for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a small crowd, and I think we got along well together. That's probably more odd for me than for the rest of the group. The house got oohs from those who had the tour.
  • On Friday, we were pretty lazy. The only thing I can recall doing that day was going to Jellybean's new favorite restaurant. He has taken quite a liking to chicken soft tacos -- that is, chicken, cheese, and tomatoes on a soft flour tortilla. He's choosing it over such mainstays as hot dogs, macaroni, and pizza. Since Jellybean and I had failed in our quest to obtain this delicacy on Thanksgiving day, we had to go get one Friday.
  • On Saturday, Jellybean read his first sign. For some reason, he also has a new favorite past-time: shopping. I don't know why, he mostly has to ride around in the car seat or a cart, but he loves going. It doesn't seem to much matter where. So, we were looking for Christmas presents, and Jellybean "read" the sign of one of his favorite stops to us. It's the title line to this post -- "That giraffe's playing with ABC's." A bit longer than the name most people use for the store, but I like it.

No comments: